Monday, May 09, 2005

goodness

There are quite a few great things going on in my life, but it seems bad things are easier to dwell on and write about than good things. So I realize that the subject of so many of my conversations, emails, blog entries are full of rantings that would cause any reasonable person to be concerned. So, I am going to try to commit to not writing about those things. However, I realize to write about good things sounds boring, "I'm feeling the most hopeful I've felt in a long time, I have an amazing boyfriend, my relationship with my sister is the best it's ever been". I mean there's only so much you can hear about that stuff. Do you think that's true? I'm just trying to be honest here. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm really happy to hear that people are doing well, that things are going well, but I don't know if I've really been listening to people when they say things like that. I want to look for warning signs, want to hear the bad. (I think Nouwen wrote about that in the prodigal son book someplace where it talked about joy) I think that's sad, the not really listening part, not the Nouwen. So I'm also committing to really hearing about the good things people are saying. So when you have something good to say, say it, and say it with confidence. Praise God!

No comments: