Thursday, July 15, 2004

i can't seem to post pictures here

So I'm disappointed in this blog already. I can't figure out how to post pictures, so I might put them up on yahoo. I'll let you know when I get that done.

Anyway, while I'm here, I might as well say some stuff. Last night the interns got together and watched "The Medallion". I have to say that was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's right up there with "Master and Commander" :). One thing was interesting about it though. The main couple in the movie was Jackie Chan and Claire Forlani. As Jon would point out, multi-ethnic couples usually don't go that way, so it's kinda cool to see it in a movie.

Work is going okay. I'm doing some structural analysis for the project trip that Rose went on in India. I find it really cool that we're working on the same project :). This next part is kinda for the engineers. Everyone can read it, but I'm not sure you'll find it interesting at all. The whole building that I'm analyzing is made up of concrete frames, and the analysis is a pain in the butt. It's been taking me 4 days to figure out the loading, and the finite element software that eMi has also makes things a little difficult. It's probably good practice though. I'm learning a lot about the code, and any practice with different kinds of finite element software is good by me.

My cousin Jean in California told me to send her my resume because she has some engineer friends who could probably find me a job. I'm pretty excited about starting to work. I know that the work probably won't be as rewarding, but the idea of looking for a job and getting a car and other stuff like that seems exciting to me. Maybe that will change in a couple months :).

No comments: