Wednesday, July 28, 2004

sorry about the pictures

Okay, the pictures are now fixed, so if you want to see the pictures in the bootie! blog entry the links will probably work now.  I should probably post the pictures from the hike.  It was soooo beautiful (but also freezing).  The hike took us a total of 4 hours to do.  2.5 going up and 1.5 coming down.  The hike was also unlike any other I've ever done.  Usually I've hiked kinda in a bunch of trees, but up there, there was nothing.  I felt like I was in some epic movie like Lord of the Rings or something.  The top was great, although still freezing.  Someone had a thermometer and it was 30 degrees.  The wind was also blowing at about 40 mph, so yeah.  But 14,148 ft.  Woo hoo!  Okay, here are the pictures.  Don't have too much time to write again.  Oh, open house is today, so we're rushing around here to get ready for it.

lisa with the valley
us and the log (Ivan carried that log from the middle of the hike to the top of the mountain, he said it weighed about 30 pounds, I'm wondering why he didn't just carry me)
me taking a break
HoJun and Ivan taking a break
look at those mountains
us at the top
view from almost the top
Adam and HoJun at the top

It was sooooo gorgeous, and I was expecting that it would be harder, but I wasn't even sore after.  The breathing was really hard though.  The hike was steep and there is so much less oxygen at 14000 ft. than there is even here in Colorado Springs.  There were times where we had to stop literally every 10 steps to catch our breath.  I'm so glad I did it though, and it was an awesome weekend.  Awesome!!!

No comments: