Thursday, July 15, 2004

random stuff

Now I know the problem with having a blog.  There's so much stuff to write about what I've been thinking about and I don't know what to write.  Also, I'm at work so I shouldn't spend too much time writing in this.  This morning during devotions, our team shared about our trip to Honduras.  Last night I was talking to one of the other interns and also reflected a bunch on the trip and all the stuff that God did while I was there, and was able to gain more insight into it.  It was awesome to get to share that this morning.  God's really good. 
 
Also last night I got to baby-sit.  One of the staff at eMi had a young marrieds small group meeting, and they needed people to watch their kids while they met.  Me and another intern, Matthew, went.  There were 6 kids, ranging from age 1 to 3.  It was pretty tough.  It's amazing how much energy kids can have and how quirky they are.  I enjoyed it, but was pretty wiped out after.  It was funny cuz I let some of the kids play with my cell phone and forgot about keyguard.  They called Joshdan :).  Sorry about that Josh. 
 
Went to the soup kitchen to volunteer again today.  After going every week since I've been here, I still don't know what to think about it.  I love interacting with the people there, but it always seems like the majority of the people there don't need to be coming to a soup kitchen to eat.  I wonder when I think of the people that are actually starving.  My roommate saw a baby die of starvation right in front of her while she was on her project trip in Mozambique.  I can't even imagine. 
 
 

No comments: